sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2005

Bush, Deus e as guerras

O Guardian de hoje dá conta do que terá sido dito numa entrevista concedida por George W. Bush a um dirigente palestiano, Nabil Shaath. Cito:

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."
Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."


Que pensará o Papa?
Eu não me atrevo a publicar o que acho que a alegada revelação revela. Mas lá que me inquieta, inquieta. A "sociedade de risco", de que fala Beck, está mais arriscada: ganhou uma nova dimensão.